1.20.2014

Free Dog





Let it be known that in the summer of 2013, our canine companion graduated from a 10 week course on 'how-not-to-embarrass-your-people-and-other-helpful-tricks'. Here he is with the rest of his class, (no leashes!) all performing beautiful sit and down stays while we heckle them and wave around salami, hamsters and tennis balls. Amazing, right? Notice, he's the anti-social one on the far left, looking away from the group. That's our boy.
His 'release word' for when he can break a heel or a stay and run like the wild animal he is...is "Free Dog!" Usually, I love yelling it because of the way he quickly jumps up and jingles the tags on his collar. But for some reason I have this irrational fear that someone will hear me in a public place and think I'm offering him for the taking.
Here's the post I wrote when we got him from a rescue in Indiana back in 2010. Read. And here.
Since then, he's been with us on many adventures, snored at our feet on hundreds of evenings, eaten many a cookie off our kitchen counters, and provided each room of the house with an adequate amount of loose black hairs.

No comments: