1. I love to travel. I love seeing new places and experiencing different cultures. I love all of God’s children. I think it has instilled in me a sense of tolerance and open-mindedness. I have been to 28 countries so far. One of my life’s dreams is to visit all 7 continents. (yes, even Antarctica).
2. I enjoy a good salad. And I only eat wheat bread. But I am a sucker for chocolate. Or any baked goodies, actually. I’ll almost never turn down a dessert, especially when it’s made by someone I love.
3. I like to people-watch. When I’m in a crowded place I just watch and try to guess where they are from, what their relationships are, etc..
4. I love to swim. I think I was a dolphin in another life. I really miss being on the swim team. (although I definitely had a love-hate relationship with morning practice…and my regular race- the 500M Free)
5. Music moves me. I really like to sing, and when I dust off my guitar every once in a while, I like to play and make up silly songs. But really I’m a music appreciator. (my mom taught me that). I like all different kinds, and can find beauty in every genre. I love listening, and I get excited when I find a new artist that I really love.
6. I’ve never had stitches or broken a bone. (knock on wood) Though I have engaged in some dangerous activities- I went skydiving for my 18th birthday!
7. I don’t hate animals. I’m just in an anti-animal phase right now. I grew up with cat hair and fur balls all over my house. And a stinky litterbox in the laundry room.(ok, I exaggerate, but still.) So, me and animals- we’re taking a break. (But elephants are my favorite. I’ve ridden them several times. They are smart and surefooted. And BIG.)
8. Someday, when/if I have a son, I want to name him Wallace, after my grandpa. Because he’s the kindest, most wonderful man I’ve ever known, and he has 13 grandkids and 17 great-grandkids…and NOT ONE is named after him! (yet.)
9. I like being tan. I have my Aunt Carolyn’s olive skin. But I think this winter in Utah is the whitest I’ve been since I came out of the womb.
10. I like making spreadsheets. And planning things. And schedules. Sometimes I get all out of whack when the plan gets changed. Yet I also like spontaneity, and I LOVE surprises!
11. I figured out what do do for my major thanks to my best friend Jenny who convinced me to take an ASL class our freshman year, just for fun.
12. I love little kids. I think they are amazing. They make me happy, and it’s impossible to be in a bad mood when they are smiling or laughing at me. I miss my nieces and nephews so much! I really admire my sisters. They are all such great moms. I hope I can be like them one day.
13. I’m finally doing blackdiamonds on my snowboard. The first time I ever went boarding I was 16...I cried. It was so hard (and my bum hurt real bad from falling all day). But now it’s one of my favorite activities.
14. I love my car. It’s a 2007 Honda Fit. It’s cute and little and I can park it anywhere, but it has incredible storage space inside, and gets 38 miles to the gallon. Jealous?
15. I have faith. I know it’s not the most popular thing to do nowadays. But I live my religion and I try to be a good person. And I respect others who do the same.
16. I think of myself as a beach girl. I spent my childhood in Mina-Al-Zour Kuwait, and my teenage years in California. But I really love living here, right next to the mountains, too! They are so majestic, and sometimes they just take my breath away.
17. I hate it when people put empty things back where they were, instead of throwing them away. Like cereal boxes, or toilet paper cardboard rolls.
18. My dad taught me how to camp. Really camp. The kind where you carry everything on your back, hike until you are miles from another living soul, see things you can only get to on foot, and leave no trace when you are gone. I have so many fond memories of backpacking with him on long trips in the Sierra Nevadas. Once we hiked 45 miles in 3 days. And I admit, I sometimes make fun of people who “drive-in camp”.
19. I like to dance in the kitchen when I’m cooking. And I’d like to think I have pretty good rhythm, since my mom raised me on a mix of Latin and Motown.
20. Cars were always being shuffled around when I lived at home. At one point, there were several months when I drove my dad’s BMW X3, while he drove Big Bertha. (a 1990 Ford Econoline Van, complete with roof extension, racing stripes on the sides, and brown shag carpeting around the windows.)
21. I like trying new things. Restaurants, games, classes, hobbies, languages, sports….you name it. I guess that’s why I’m “well rounded” (or not excellent at anything, but mediocre at a lot of stuff.)
22. I hate conflict. I avoid it at all costs. I don’t usually voice my opinion very loudly. (unless it’s something REALLY important, like which kind of popcorn to buy). But I get a sinking feeling in my stomach that won’t go away if I think someone is upset with me. Jonny says it’s because I have a tender heart.
23. I love to read. And I don’t really like TV. (Unless it’s the News, or I Love Lucy. Or maybe the Amazing Race.) But I love watching movies. Thank you Redbox: All new releases for one dollar!
25. I am so thankful for my wonderful husband! We’ve been married for a little over a year, and it just keeps getting better and better.
I tag whoever reads this. Congratulations for making it this far.
2 comments:
WOW is all I can say, your amazing! I love to travel and wish I had the opportunity to do it more
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I got to 25 and loved reading every bit of it! How many countries have I been to? Now I have to count...I'm curious. 24.
Post a Comment