2.22.2011

spring, you wily temptress...why i oughta...i mean wait, i love you


We'd been hosting your *ahem* friend, Winter...for quite some time.

But you see, me and Winter...we kinda get on each other's nerves after, say, a few hours.

And it had been WEEKS, Spring. Nay, months!!

I was ready for him to g-o go!


Just when I thought I couldn't handle his tempestuousness any longer...you arrived.


You rescued me! You came with a gentle breeze and you know what we did, Spring?

We welcomed you with open arms! Open windows, even, Spring. I flung up the sash and let you into my home, blindly! I celebrated you!

My mister even graced your presence with the newness of his bicicleta out on the open roads under your tricky tricky sun.

We laughed and danced at your warmth, we squinted our eyes up at your sun, we sang with the birds chirping in the naked trees.

We took the furry one on walks, Spring. Without coats! We walked on the grass again. Grass, you showed it to me. It was hidden for so long under the snow. My toes were finally finally warm. I couldn't remember how it felt to be deliciously defrosted, until you.

I even showed you my legs. My legs! My white white legs, afraid for their lives to show themselves to the world after an eternity of Winter's oppression. I was vulnerable, Spring.

I gave my love to you wholeheartedly as you gave me grass and sunshine and heat.

And you took advantage.

You made me believe in my naivete that you were here to stay. Spring, you took my sun-loving heart and crushed it to bits.


You left.


You teased me, and you took off. Disappeared, without a word. In the night. You didn't even have the decency to say goodbye, see you later, don't worry I'll be back soon. Nothing.

I woke up this morning and you were gone. And you know what? I almost cried. I looked outside expecting to see your brightness and no. It was him. Winter was back, spewing ugly white chunks on my life. Once again. Chilling my bones.

I’ll admit it. I miss you, Spring. I know you don't deserve my love but I'm willing to give you a second chance.

Baby, come back!

No comments: