“Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address.”
This fall brought a new year for me- back to work in the school district. I love the scarves and boots and crisp air of fall. We celebrated both of our birthdays, admired the changing of gorgeous leaves everywhere, made multiple trips to Utah for the Halloween Half-Marathon, a Thanksgiving feast, a Temple Square walk, BYU basketball and football games, picking of baby-quilt fabric, and the visiting of best friends and family. I'm so lucky to have married into a family where I feel welcomed and appreciated, and where I can feel comfortable laughing out loud and ruining our late-night game of Mafia in the first 2 minutes.
And also, I solved a massive symmetry problem in our bedroom with a little clever fabric placement.
I have more project ideas for our house than we have time or money for, but its been fun to continually work at it, little by little. You know, like Joan Rivers' face.
Jonny is the greatest. You know you picked a good husband when he pulls your favorite ice cream out of the freezer and asks, "Doesn't the baby need more calcium today?". This year he surprised me on my birthday with a trip to the Record Exchange so I could pick out any album I wanted, and a new sound system for the turntable I bought a while back, which was sitting sad and lonely in a cupboard, for lack of an amp and speakers.























1 comment:
Mary! I miss you! Love The pregnancy photos! And that comment about ice cream and baby needing calcium... so cute! Your bedroom curtains.... BRILLIANT! Love ya my friend!
Post a Comment