












We value education. But not quite as much as the state of Illinois values it. Are you kidding me? A million dollars in student loans? Whelp, poor we have been and poor we will be. We have been so blessed with the opportunity to graduate together, twice! For future reference, I would not recommend this. It is a whirlwind. I find that in these situations it is better to have one person on the ground, holding a lifeline. When both are tossed into the fray it gets a bit...hectic? Yes. But I am so proud of Jonny. He is now published several times over and has a degree from one of the best schools in the world for his specialty. I, on the other hand, can claim that I got my SLP degree in the midwest-the birthplace of my cornfield, and managed to come out relatively unscathed.
I'd like to thank the academy, my loving husband who serves me each day, supports me in all I do and makes a mean batch of cookies, my dog for waking me up each morning and forcing me to exercise, my mom and dad for taking my calls at all hours of the day and night and being my voice of reason, my in-laws for raising a wonderful son, and sending prayers and fabulous packages, my friend katie for our long car chats and endless study sessions, my bff jenny for saying all the right things and being my biggest cheerleader, and grandma and grandpa neeley for coming all the way here for our graduation and being a prime example of love.
There are a hundred other people I could thank for helping us through this crazy time, but last of all I need to thank God. He was there for us so many nights when we'd come to Him exhausted and hopeless. He has blessed us beyond measure and continues to watch over us. I'm thankful for a loving Heavenly Father and a Savior who knows my heart.
ps. those white shoes are the ones I bought for my high school graduation 5 years ago.
♥
No comments:
Post a Comment