Shortly after Colby joined our family, I opened the front door one evening following a heavy afternoon thunderstorm, to find both of my boys standing on the porch...
They were sopping wet, with huge, goofy grins on their faces. A bit bashful, Jonny explained that they had been romping around in the puddles, having the time of their lives. I felt like an old schoolmarm tisk-tisking away at them, rubbing Colby down with a towel and sending Jonny upstairs to change out of his muddy clothes. And I was smiling too.
We started obedience classes with our dog last night. It has been about 2 weeks since we added him to our household. He has become our best buddy. And I have been reflecting on this fact...
Our Dog Is A 10 Year Old Boy.
Evidence is listed below.
He:
-is about 1.5 yrs old, which is roughly 10 in dog years
-passes gas
-loves playing in the mud
-has a voracious appetite and will eat anything, including grass and bugs
-makes us laugh every day
-makes messes
-is very smart but not very wise
-can be very cuddly and sweet
-is a tid bit: stubborn, mischievous, and bossy
-loves to play with kids, and toys
-amazes us with how fast he learns
-is a little smelly
-pouts when he doesn't get his way
-has boundless energy
-asks the other one, if one of us says no
-sure is cute

No comments:
Post a Comment