6.16.2010

The Surprise!


Hi!
I'm Colby.
I just moved in with these new 2-legged people. I think they are called Jon and Mary. But sometimes I get confused because they call each other other things too, like sweetie or babe...or is it Bob? I'm not sure. I'm also a little confused about my new home...but I'm adjusting. Mostly, I like it here! The people sure are nice to me. I came from a rescue, I used to have a hard life, but it's getting better.

I love:
  • going for long walks/jogs
  • running races with Jon in the dog run
  • splashing in puddles and swimming
  • playing with my squeaky ball
  • getting bellyrubs
  • peanut butter
  • sitting for a t-r-e-a-t (my people think I can't understand the word when they spell it out...)
  • kids, and humans in general
  • looking out the window and barking at any living thing
  • sleeping in the middle of the kitchen floor when Mary is cooking
  • chasing butterflies and bugs in the prairie
  • licking feet, especially when they're salty yum
  • car rides
  • getting really excited
I don't like:
  • the blowdryer
  • being left in my crate
  • scary thunderstorms
  • the way my collar chokes me when I walk too fast
  • seeing other dogs far away that I can't play with
  • fleas and frogs
  • being alone
  • being kicked off the big bed
  • sniffing the yummy people food but not getting to eat any

Other than that, I'm a pretty happy dog! I'm not too big, but I'm strong. I'm still a kid, only a year and a half. Mary says she's been waiting for a long time to adopt a friend like me, and Jon says he's so glad they got a dog. I hope I don't let them down. I try to be a good boy, but hey...I'm still a kid! I'm learning the rules.
I'd love to meet you too. I don't ever jump or bite, but I might lick you.
Please come play with me? If you give me a treat, I'll be your best friend... :)

Here are some pictures, so you can see how handsome I am, but Mary says I look best in person:







2 comments:

Cate said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is SO beautiful! :) :)

Ali said...

We are so excited!!! We can't wait to come home and meet your new friend. Gus is really excited too!