7.25.2008

Life

20 years ago I was:
In Santa Maria, CA
Drooling and sleeping
Watching my dad surf in the Pacific
Learning to eat "real food"
Being raised by four moms (I have 3 older sisters)

10 years ago I was:
Living in Mina Al-Zour, Kuwait
Climbing trees to get away from boys
Racing my blue golf cart around camp and swimming in the Arabian Gulf
Spending the month in CA playing with cousins
Excited for my first day of 5th grade

5 years ago I was:
Thinking my 16th birthday would never come
Taking road trips and eating M&M's in my mom's red mini van
Training for my first season of Cross Country in a Bakersfield summer
Walking barefoot and eating chips and dip with my bff Natalie
Making up synchronized swimming routines in our pool

3 years ago I was:
Recovering from a tiring week in the stake Girls Camp youth leader presidency
Already fighting off Senioritis
Wrestling with my nephews every Sunday afternoon
Visiting BYU Hawaii and debating between living in the lush tropical paradise OR in Provo, Utah
Choosing between a Medical Assistant program or my last year of varsity Swim
Dreading AP Calculus

So Far this past year I:
Fell madly in love and was married to my best friend in the LA temple
Realized that coming to Utah was the right choice :)
Talked to my mom in Atyrau,Kazakhstan for hours on the phone
Ran a half-marathon and a triathlon
Discovered my new love=ice cream

Yesterday I:
Watched the SLC Pioneer Day Parade!
Took pictures of my cute husband
Drank way too much pineapple juice
Saw the new Batman movie
Daydreamed about our upcoming cruise to Mexico

Tomorrow I will:
Lay in bed with a swollen face (bye-bye wisdom teeth)
Be thankful for my friend Emma and snack-pack puddings
Read hundreds of pages and hopefully finish my book
Finish an oil painting I started this week
Pick apricots off the trees outside

In the next year I will:
Celebrate with Jonny as we graduate from BYU in the spring
Move across the country (to who knows where) for grad school?
Spend my first Christmas in Washington
Snowboard as much as possible-relishing our last Utah winter
Have new adventures with my husband!

I TAG Caitlin Tyree!

3 comments:

Cate said...

haha thanks mary! :) I was reading and all of a sudden I saw my name and was like...HEY! THAT'S ME! :) I didn't know you had your wisdom teeth out! I hope you're feeling okay. Let me know if I can do anything!

Natalie said...

Wow what a good life you have had these past 20 years :).

Yay for a first Christmas in Washington, I can't wait.

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to your experience with the BYU-Hawaii situation. I didn't want to come to BYU in Provo and now I am so glad I did. Isn't it funny how things just work out for the better when you do what God wants?