8.03.2008

Good-Bye Wisdom Teeth!

Mary is one tough cookie!!! Last week she had her wisdom teeth out.

Here is the time line of her recovery:

Friday July 25
  • 1:00-2:00pm--teeth removed
  • 2:00pm--take Mary home, put her to bed in a hot apartment (>90 F)
  • 2:01pm--replace Mary's gauze.
  • 2:05pm--make ice-packs out of ice cubes, zip lock bags and socks.
  • 2:06pm--place ice-packs on Mary's swollen cheeks.
  • 2:07pm--put ice-packs back on Mary's face with a scarf.

  • 2:10pm--Jonathan buys meds, apple sauce and apple juice.
  • 2:30pm--give Mary water with a spoon
  • 3:31pm--clean water from Mary's shirt.
  • 3:32pm--try water again

  • 5:05pm--Wake Mary up to give her meds.
  • 5:06pm--take Mary to bathroom to vomit.
  • 5:15pm--Mary sleeps.

  • 5:25pm--Feed Mary water with a spoon.
  • 5:26pm--Give Mary meds.
  • 5:30pm--Mary sleeps.
  • 9:00pm--More pain killer.
  • 9:05pm--Mary sleeps.

Saturday July 26
  • 5:00am--Mary awakes in pain.
  • 8:00am--Jonathan wakes up.
  • 8:15am--Mary drinks apple juice by herself!

By this point Mary's recover was well underway. With a just few more difficult days of pain and soft foods she was her vibrant self making me laugh and smile again!

I love that woman!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Jonny you should become a nurse, I am glad you did such a great job of taking care of Mary.

PS: 90 F apartment...I think that's a little warm...

M said...

yes, he was a wonderful nurse!
yes, our apartment is roasting.
and yes, i am thoroughly embarrassed of those pictures.

Cate said...

i think you look like a hottie ;)

i'm glad you recovered well...and Jonny seems like an awesome hubby. :) Mary, are you taking a painting class? I want to see you work!

Albus Dumbledore said...

Mary, I'm happy that you are now back to your beautiful self again. Sorry you had to endure a farewell to the wisdom teeth and such a hot apartment at the same time.