That is her name. I know. Because I sat staring at a stack of her business cards. Fuming inside.
I went to get my hair "trimmed" this week. I absolutely LOVED the lady who cut my hair for my big cut back in June. But, sadly, she works at a nice salon that costs way too much $$$ dinero $$$ for the likes of me to have my hair cut there every 2 months.
So, I opted for some middle ground (between the high class salon and jonny's clippers in my own kitchen) and went to some place in the mall.
I was in a hurry (as always). Only had 2 hours before work. They took walk-ins. She would be ready for me in 5 minutes. "Perfect!", thought the naiive, new to short-hair haircuts me. Not so fast. 'Perfection' slipped farther from my thoughts the longer I sat in Boonseng's chair.
Long story short- She snipped away with the speed of a person trained to get in several hundred thousand hair cuts per day (so I exaggerate, so what?). And I had to pause her a couple of times to tell her what to do/how to cut it. She stared at my hair quizzically, fumbled around on her table for a different comb (as if that will make a difference!- when one side is 2 inches longer than the other), and chats in an accent about blah blah blah. She shaves the back of my neck.
I leave with a short short haircut that is supposedly an "inverted bob" and it looks more like an outverted blob.
I call jonny and tell him I hate it. Its way too short. I freak out. I curse Boonseng for her lack of skill. I curse myself for being an overzealous tightwad. I curse the cooks who make fun of me at work. I think, 'if only this, if only that', I figure if I straighten something and poof something else then maaayybe...I talk myself into thinking 'its not that bad'...
Then I breathe.
Its really not that bad. It could be worse. It could always be worse.
It will grow. Right?
Right?
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm over it. Take that, Boonseng.
4 comments:
Mary, you are always beautiful, and you are lucky that you have lots of hair that grows quickly.
Oh Mary, I know how awful it is when the people cutting your hair do it their way and not yours! But you seriously pull off short hair so well, it looks good on you!
i think it's soooo cute!! :) but you know how I feel about short hair. I love bobs. You can totally pull it off chica.
Its so cute even though Boonseng needs to be kicked in her boonseng.
I love you!
Post a Comment