
Things I've Been Loving Lately:
- Peaches. I can't get enough of their sweet, juicy goodness. Hooray for summer fruits!
- My library card! I got this badboy last week and am amazed. At the brand new library only minutes from our house- FREE dvd rentals (forget blockbuster), FREE checkouts on all the books I could ever imagine... Magazines, books on CD, a used bookstore, online database (so I can look up/reserve items from home before driving over there) a Drive-up return (for all of us extra-lazies) and 24/7 access! I am amazed. Thank you very much Champaign.
- Our Pilates and Yoga DVDs- I'm finally doing them! I like being able to work out in my own livingroom sometimes. Its a great start to my day. (check #8)
- Having a tidy house! One thing that is really nice about moving is that it forces you to clean, sort and reorganize everything you have to fit into a new space. I like having a place for everything and everything in its place. (check #12)
- Being home. Though I'm lonely sometimes, its a nice change of pace from the usual craziness of work and school and homework to just be able to be home. Until my program starts next week, I am keeping busy with projects and errands and, of course...
- Playing the guitar! I haven't played in so long. In fact, when I opened it up my strings desperately needed to be changed. After a quick trip to a music store downtown, I set up to re-string the whole thing myself! And though I had never attempted this alone before, it all worked out. So expect some new (though I won't promise good) music from me soon.
- Walks with Jonny. One of our favorite summertime activities! It is green and beautiful, (though the source of the green-frequent, short rainbursts as I like to call them- sometimes make for wetter walks) And there are so many great parks here...I'm sure we're just getting started.
- Reading the May conference Ensign. I always find inspiration and the desire to be/do better when I read. Its especially fun to read the Priesthood Session ones, that I didn't get to hear in conference. Sometimes I feel like I'm sneaking a cookie from the cookiejar.
No comments:
Post a Comment