12.16.2009

oops

So, its that time again for setting goals at the beginning of a new year and a fresh start, and I realized that I never gave you an update on my 22 by 22 list! And my 22nd birthday has come and looooong gone. Shame on me for not reporting earlier. Where is my accountability? I'm sure you've all been wondering, and are simply jittery with anticipation, sitting on the edge of your seats.
Well, wait no longer folks... here it is: (the purples are ones I did)

1. Read the Book of Mormon with Jonny

2. Write more notes/letters

3. Get all unpacked/decorate our new place (first: find a new place, drive across the country)

4. Go on a trip/adventure with Jonny :) (teeheehee)

5. Ride my bike to school

6. Read 2 good books for fun (any suggestions?)

7. Run a half-marathon in SLC

8. Actually DO my Pilates/Yoga videos (sitting in the drawer…)

9. Paint another oil painting

10. Make new friends

11. But keep the old (“one is silver and the other’s gold.” thank you Girl Scouts.)

12. Simplify our lives –organize.

13. Go to the Chicago Temple

14. Learn something crafty

15. Read the whole April 2009 Conference Ensign

16. Visit Nauvoo

17. Be more environmentally friendly

18. Try 10 new dinner recipes

19. Graduate from BYU!

20. Get good grades my first semester of grad school

21. Write a new song

22. Make smoothies for breakfast


That's pretty good, if I do say so myself!

I like goals. They keep me focused, productive, and happy. I love the feeling of accomplishment and success when I check something off of a list.

So, here are some new ones...till my next birthday (10/01/2010):


1. finish the Book of Mormon

2. exercise 5x per week

3. go on more dates with Jonny

4. remember my morning prayers

5. visit Nauvoo

6. go to the temple 4 times

7. visit Chicago again

8. record some of my songs

9. run 2 more races (maybe this one)

10. knit a scarf

11. make a snow angel

12. pass my spring and summer classes

13. get good clinic reviews

14. have at least one pool day with Katie

15. learn how to use a credit card (don't laugh)

16. try to keep up with this for sunday school

17. read 3 classic books (thinking of using this list)

18. sing in the shower

19. go camping (maybe here)

21. move to a new apartment?

22. get a dog?

23. visit Kuwait?



I like making this list. So I can check things off of it. So I can reference it when I need new direction in my life or something to do for a couple of hours. So I can look forward to fun things and look back on accomplishments. I like posting it so I can feel some small sense of accountability. (though I don't expect any of you to write and ask "so mary, how many times did you exercise this week? or, have you finished that scarf yet? winter is almost over! better get on the ball." but you certainly can if you feel so inclined.) Maybe just knowing that I've sent it out into the cosmos of the www gives me that little extra push to get it done (kinda like when someone is watching you at the gym, so you straighten up your form, or run that extra half-mile).


Yay 2010!

Being 22 will be fun.


No comments: