for mah birfday...
I turned 22 this week, and it was grand. Thanks to everyone for the messages and gifts and kind words! I am amazed at how thoughtful everyone was (especially my sweet husband and my cute parents) and how much was done to make my day (ok, we all know birthdays are really a week long) , *ahem* my week, so wonderful.
We spent time with Mom and Dad throughout our week of work and school. They are 2 of my best friends, and we had a blast with them, showing them around campus and our little college town. It was so great to have these special visitors all the way from Kuwait! We had so much fun together.
(and we hope they had fun too, even though we made them sleep on an air mattress)
We went shopping, took tandem bike rides, went to our first Fighting Illini football game, watched movies, played games, explored the neighborhoods, welcomed in the blustery fall weather, and ate way too much good food!
(no. seriously...steak & potatoes, carne asada, chicken parmesan, sub sandwiches, soup in breadbowls, woodfired pizza, icecream cake, frozen custard, kuwaiti chocolates, fruit bouquet, skookies...mmm)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Well Mary, it sure looks like you had a happy week and a happy birthday :)
Um, have I mentioned that your hair is completely FABULOUS and I wish mine would do that? :) I'm glad you had a great birthday-week! Miss you guys!! :)
Your blog seriously makes me smile from ear to ear. Did I ever tell you how gorgeous you look with that hair cut!!!
Happy Birthday to a girl that deserves it all. You are sooo soo sooo great! Glad your parents came to visit.
Post a Comment