10.05.2009

you know you're old when...

i have these moments every once in a while when it hits me... "hey, i'm kinda grown up!"
...like when i pay the bills, or throw a 'dinner party', or start a sentence with "in my professional opinion"...
but mostly jonny and i always say that we still feel like little kids. (my dad says that feeling never goes away).

but you know you're old when your birthday "wish list" consists of bland, practical items like:

-a bookshelf for the hallway (because no collection in our house rivals the book one. 'cept maybe the kitchen gadgets)
-a new set of pillowcases (napping is our favorite past time)
-a foot bath (for our poor tired feet)

thank goodness i didn't receive any of those things. luckily, my mom was here to take me shopping at the mall for a few snazzy, wardrobe-enhancing purchases, and keep me young.

thanks mom! AND (this part is important) thanks jonny, for telling me to go, and that i wasn't allowed to just window-shop. :)

Photo: The San Diego Union-Tribune

1 comment:

Cate said...

Someone at work the other day complimented me on a shirt I was wearing. I told her I got it at Ann Taylor Loft. Another girl next to me said, "Isn't that store for moms?" Sheesh! Way to make me feel old!

I said, "Ann Taylor Loft caters to the professional and upwardly mobile woman."

And then I laughed mirthlessly at her profoundly juvenile apparel. ;)

You're not old! Just sophisticated and fabulous!!!