10.20.2009

An Attitude of Gratitude

Things to be thankful for...

-a husband who does the dishes
-an afternoon without banging/sawing/hammering
-3 whole days of sunshine!
-beautiful fall colors (my faves)
-my neuro lecture was canceled
-a subway sandwich for lunch
-going to the moooviieeees
-parents who raised me right
-kids who give me high-fives
-friends who give me rides
-icecream in the freezer
-we still have this desktop
-we have warm coats to wear
-loving, supportive sisters
-a good hair day
-a productive morning
-really yummy chips and salsa
-a night of sleep


The list could go on forever. I think of myself as a generally happy, optimistic person, and I think (hope) most people who know me would agree. But lately I've been stuck in a rut. I needed something to recharge my happiness. So yesterday when I woke up I decided to think of all the little (and big) things throughout the day I was thankful for, and notice all of the positives. It was surprisingly easy, and fun! By the time I left the house in the morning, I already had a long mental list. It's a good little exercise that really made a difference. I think I'll try to do it every day.
I continue to see the hand of God in my life.

1 comment:

Nan said...

Thanks, Mary, I needed this. A little bit of positivity goes a long way.