6.10.2008

Triathlon!




My beautiful sisters and I participated in this awesome event on May 31st in Honeyville, UT. It was a blast! It was a sprint race. Swim, Bike and Run. Swim=400M Bike=13Mi Run=5K. The swim was great, and I felt good in my element. I had a little trouble on my rented roadbike with the gears, and watched my lead trail away as person after person zoomed past! But the run was alright, once my jello-legs came back to life, and I finished strong! We had so much fun completing this challenge, and Jonathan was there to keep us going. He was the best (and loudest) cheerleader around! We were so thankful to have some people (gina, mom, tebo, malaika, thabo, and jonny) supporting us there during transitions, and capturing every exciting moment on video and camera. It turned out that I placed 3rd in my age division! (I went for the gold...but I guess bronze is close, right?) I can't wait to do my next triathlon!
The sister weekend included too much great food, special spa treatments after the race, and lots of laughter. We also went to the SLC temple (my first time there!). It was beautiful.

We loved having some great family time and a weekend get-away from school and work! Jonny was also able to spend some time in Logan with his grandparents, Jimmy and Betty (we LOVE them!) while us girls were having some bonding time.

2 comments:

Briann said...

YOu guys are SO cute! I hope you don't mind I stole your address from Megan's blog! :)

Cate said...

WOW! Sounds like an amazing weekend. I miss you.