Summertime is my favorite season. Yellow is my favorite color, I love being tan, and given the chance, I will jump into any body of water that is more than a couple of feet deep. This past week has been so much fun. My sweet husband is my best friend and we have a blast together, no matter what we are doing. The warmer weather is inspiring many late-night walks, laying in the grass at various parks, consuming hundreds of popsicles, and just relishing our precious months of NO SCHOOL!
The picture above is the glorious fountain we found on a hot, sweaty hike up Rock Canyon. As you can tell, we couldn't get enough of that ice-cold river water! Jonny had fun catching lizards on the way up the hill, and I loved climbing up on rocks and feeling on top of the world.
We had so much energy on the way down, we practically ran the whole way. AND we washed both of our cars! (it was much needed. the poor things had been neglected all winter)
Friday night we went to Salt Lake to see my awesome cousin Tom play a show. He is a amazingly talented musician. My favorite song was one where he played a harmonica and guitar at the same time! Talk about multi-tasking. It was fun watching his cute wife Laura, and seeing her expression as he played. Music has always been very important to me, and it always moves me to hear something played with so much meaning and emotion. Afterwards we got huge ice-cream sundaes downtown (icecream has become my very favorite dessert over the past few months) It was the cherry on top of an amazing evening! So thanks to Tom and Laura for letting us crash your party, and thanks to Jonny for taking me on this amazing date.
The next adventure of the weekend took place in our very own kitchen. And no, it was not one of our many delicious culinary creations. However, it did involve a whole lot of chopping and cutting. After several tense minutes, I told Jonathan to walk into the bathroom and look in the mirror. That's right- I gave him a haircut! (this was my 4th time, I believe) So I am by no means an expert. As far as I know, unlike most little girls, I guess I never aspired to become a stylist- I never once cut my own hair as a child...or even the hair on my barbie dolls, so I am about as amateur as you can get. (you can check with my mom if you dont believe me) What a lucky girl I am to have a full sized ken-doll to practice on now. I still get nervous every time! Luckily, while I'm sweating bullets, Jonny is calm as ever. Bless his heart. :)
I think he looks pretty dang good!
4 comments:
AHHH! You need to teach me Mary. Morgan has been bugging me to cut his hair and I have no idea how! PS you guys are so cute and I hope I'm as happy as you guys one day. :) Can't wait to see you sometime in the near future!
awesome job, mary. it looks great:) my MInLaw taught me to cut Adam's hair, and still after 4 years I always get nervous when the time comes.
What a fun weekend Mary, and I am also very impressed with your stylist capabilities!...I've actually cut jonny's hair a few times, and I promise you he was never calm during the dreadful experience :).
Yay for blogs! And you did a great job on his hair!!
Post a Comment