After so many trips to my homeland of California, we decided it was high time we paid tribute to Jonny's stomping ground in Washington state. We had a wonderful weekend with his family- mom, dad, jeffery and emilee! (we missed you, natalie and josh) It was perfect. We had a few fun-filled days of activites and relaxation. Only my second time there, it was so much fun to see more of the place that was home to my studly husband for so many years. I got the whole tour- from his elementary and high schools to the local pool where he worked, (and was often whistled and winked at over the years, might I add), to the hotel where he went to his high school prom, and 2 trips to the famous Dairy Queen he always talks about (favorite eatery of his teenage years). Overall I think the whole vacation was a huge success! As a world traveler with such extensive experience, I do in fact consider myself worthy of rating vacations...I'd have to give it 5 stars all the way around. It went by way too quickly.
1. The lodgings were very nice (sleeping in Jonny's boy-hood room was a kick), and they live close to shopping and all of the local sights, including WSU and the Columbia River Temple.
2. The scenery was amazing. Springtime in Washington is great. The river, the park, the temple, and dad's flower garden completed the beauty of the tri-cities.
3. The food was delicious, complete with homemade goodies, my first taste of Spudnuts, fresh fruit from the Farmer's Market, mexican at Chapala Express, a delicious dinner at Anthony's,a river-side restaurant (I even ate some fishy things...and liked them!).
4. The entertainment was great- a cool car show included anything from ultra-modern Smartcars to antique Corvettes, Jonathan took me for a romantic sunset walk along the river, (ooh lala!) Jeffery and Emilee entertained us with piano music, and I even started and finished a novel. (I realized how much I miss reading just for pleasure!)
5. But the company was the best part!
So, thanks to the Young family for a wonderful time. We really appreciate and love you. 
1 comment:
Awe geez, I wish we could have been there with you guys. I am glad that you could hit up all of the "tourist sites" namely DQ and the pool. You two are looking adorable as ever...
PS: Please move to Georgia so we can see you more often!!
Post a Comment