6.16.2008

Burgundy Beast



Last week, we moved. It was a whirlwind! Thanks to some amazing neighbors, we packed up our entire lives and moved into a new apartment within 2 days! It was amazing how much STUFF we didn't realize we had until we needed to pack it all up. And, its crazy how much more you have once you get married...like furniture! (We had been so spoiled all of our single years, moving from one furnished apartment to the next, simply throwing our clothes and blankets in a car and arriving at the new place, to find a bed in need of sheets and empty drawers just waiting to be filled.)


So, last weekend we spent hours decorating and organizing our new little place, and after some crafty inventions on Jonny's part (like turning the wardrobe into an entertainment center) we set up our kitchen table, computer desk, bookshelf and endtables, plugged in the TV, and sat back to relax. The only problem was, there was nothing to sit on. So after a few days of using our kitchen chairs and a single try of trying to curl both of our bodies into a big round "turtle chair", we became desperate. All I could think about was finding a couch. For a quick fix, we rented one from our apartment complex. I was excited about the prospect of cuddling up to my hubby after a long day at school, and plopped down on our new rock hard couch. Let me tell you, that thing was definitely built to last. (I think it's been keeping bums uncomfortable since the 70's). Needless to say, I continued the search. Online Classifieds became my best friend, and after many many vain attempts, today I stumbled upon a treasure...it was a steal; The Burgundy Beast!


2 comments:

Natalie said...

wow that is one burgundy beast! Your apartment looks adorable Josh and I need to come visit...we miss you guys tons!

Briann said...

Wow that is a beast! Your place looks great! We need to get together once we move down there in August. Are you guys going to the family reunion?