I'm a little overwhelmed. I don't really want to re-hash 2010 for you like everyone else is doing, since you can just look back through this blog if you really care, and probably...you don't. Or you heard it once (when it was happening) and that was more than enough. Aannnnnd I don't really want to share my new year resolutions either.
I also have had many many thoughts bopping around in me noggin' and I'm not sure what to put down. (or is it up on the web vs down on a piece of paper?).
I have been thinking a lot about the future, and reflecting on the past...(like all the good people of the world do around Januarytime). And I think I need to live much much more in the present. In fact, darnitall I just shared one of my resolutions anyway- Live in the present.
So here it is. What I'm up to....right now.
Simple Confessions as of late:
Employee of the Month:
Thar she blows. The Dyson Animal Vacuum Extraordinaire. A lovely Christmas gift from Jonny's parents.She's a beauty. And guess what? She SUCKS! And she comes with about 8 accessories. My kind of gal. Its a little embarrassing how excited I am about this. I may or may not have spent my Friday evening vacuuming the Colby-hair off of my stairs. Which leads to my second confession:
Praxis Fail
Perhaps due to the fact that I spent my last precious hours vacuuming instead of studying for this exam which I have pored over for the last 2 weeks...I failed. Well, I think I did. I took it today and I have to wait 4 weeks for the results. Ugh. Its basically our National Certification Exam which covers just about everything I've learned in the last 5 years and then some. Welp, Basic Human Communication Processes, Audiology/Hearing, Language and Phonological Disorders, Neurogenic and Speech Disorders, Clinical Management, Psychometrics/Ethics/Research and Professional Issues.....you kicked my jello booty.Lonely Maiden
Yep. Jonny is out of town...enjoying 70 degree weather in Phoenix on another job interview, while I'm home alone spending time with this furry beast, taking exams and vacuuming and eating frozen pizza (and taking poorly-lit pictures of myself). I also went running and had a piano lesson and made a trip to the grocery store- for those of you who are thinking that I'm a complete lazy bum. Attention: if you have any clout with the Universe, please put in a good word for us (or if you don't, just cross your fingers), because I'd love to defrost in AZ very soon. Side note: We don't actually know/haven't decided if that or any job is going to happen soon.....but that there is Futuretalk and I'll have none of that in this post. Speaking of the wonderful husband:
An Owner's Manual
Yep. I read this book. It was given to me while we were engaged and I promptly lost it. I found it again recently and considered it good timing as we came round to our anniversary and I embarked on my 4th year of living with a husband. It was very interesting and a quick read. It really made me think about our relationship and how I can be a better wife and just a happier person overall. I love reading. A friend who saw me at the public library said she was surprised to know I like to read books.... ?hmm. Maybe I need to up my image? Start throwing around words like equanimity and sporting clogs and oversized sweaters....
I like books that make me think. About life and relationships and interconnectivity and people... and how their varied experiences shape the lens through which they see life and the choices they make and how they filter their emotions and the complexity of it all.
I like books that make me think. About life and relationships and interconnectivity and people... and how their varied experiences shape the lens through which they see life and the choices they make and how they filter their emotions and the complexity of it all.
That's about all for now. Oh and also I have really bad breath in the mornings.
Happy Saturday Night!
2 comments:
wait ONE second. is that Colby in that picture with you? has he lost a ton of weight and did I miss it when I was over? he looks incredible!
It's good to hear that az is still in the running! It would be so fun to live in the same state again.
p.s. I wore flip flops today. it was awesome.
Post a Comment