1.04.2011

happy anniversary to us




3 years on jan 3rd!!!

Since our wedding day, we've moved 4 times, traveled to (or through) 24 states, and visited 3 other countries.
We have made friends, bonded with family, and had countless adventures.
We've shared tears and laughter, enjoyed celebrations and endured sleepless nights.
We've graduated from college, and survived most of grad school (only by the grace of God, the support of one another and lots of ice cream).
We've improved our cooking skills, started new hobbies, and become dog-owners.
We've learned a lot about love and life and marriage and each other.
I have loved looking back on these 3 years with fondness and cherishing our wedding day in the beautiful Los Angeles Temple with family and friends.

While we were engaged, I wrote a silly poem for people looking at our registry website.
We re-read it the other night and both agreed on our favorite line:
"The ring was so beautiful, dazzling and all bright,
but the man who slid it on her finger was her true delight."
Jonny, you are my true delight.
I hope to always make you feel appreciated, respected, admired and adored.
I'm excited for many more years of life with you, jondavidyoung.

In the words of Marjorie Hinckley, "You've always given me wings to fly, and I've loved you for it."






No comments: