1.15.2011

my first song

I sent this out via e-mail to my family a few months ago, and just figured out how to embed the mp3 file...so now you can enjoy it too.


I've begun to record some of my silly/sappy/lame/amateur songs, and thought it only fitting that I start from the beginning. So, without further ado, attached is the first song I ever wrote. When I was 15, after only 2 guitar lessons. I could only play power chords. And I was obsessed with Catherine Zeta Jones in the movie Zorro (cue spanish guitar). It requires a bit of explanation. The 'Jon' featured was my friend from junior high who turned into a creep in high school and then turned nice again just before graduation. This story is completely fictitious. And I got tired of writing...and ended the song with "I guess I'll never know" because I was too lazy to think of an alternative. But I quite like how it turned out.
Enjoy!

xo, M

ps. Those of you thinking you'd like to propel me to stardom by forwarding this little ditty to some famous record labels, please don't. You know who you are. Thank you.
pss. It starts around the 30 second mark with some awkward throat clearing.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ayai-yai-yai! Holay!