




Winter wonderland/Richland.
We had a lovely drive thanks to a snowy pass that was much less treacherous than we had anticipated. (we had to cross a mountain range to get from Seattle to the Eastern side of the state where Jonny's family lives.)
Along the way we stopped at the Gap outlet for some pre-Christmas shopping, and at beautiful Ensign Ranch for a minute, so I could see the place where Jonny did a service mission for the Church about 8 years ago.
While in Richland we spent lots of time eating and chatting and playing games around the kitchen table, reading books curled up in various corners of the house, and watching movies. We ate too much yummy food and tried walking some of it off along the Columbia river path. We shopped, watched a light/music show, and talked to the missionaries (Emilee and Jeffery, the other siblings) on Christmas day! We played pipe chimes and piano and guitar and had a "spa night" with homemade salt scrub. We also bombarded Natalie and Josh with ridiculous baby boy name suggestions for their little rutabaga due in April! Unfortunately I came down with a nasty cold and missed out on going to the temple, but we left Washington with thankfulness in our hearts for a loving family who we are missing already!
(Again with the excuses- I suppose I was in a sleepy food/book induced euphoria the entire time I was there because again, I took next to no pictures. Although I did manage to snap a few of Jonny's new hair. The hair on his head seems to have transferred to his face. I like it. :) )
No comments:
Post a Comment