Dear Readers,
What's a girl to do when she's alone on a Friday night?
When her man has gone camping with the boy sprouts (as my dad says). Yes, I know. it is currently 12 degrees outside. They are insane. But I support him. I'm a good wife. I even let him borrow my wool socks.
When her to-do list is a mile long...and 70 pages of Aphasia: Disorders and Clinical Practice are waiting to be read?
I....
Make my very first pre-payment on the dreaded student loans. It felt good.
Make plans with another abandoned wife to watch 500 Days of Summer. I'm excited!
Make myself some dinner.
Look at dogs online. I know. I'm obsessed.
And then,
I Blog. Of course.
Why do I blog?
What is the purpose of blogging? (aside from being a choice procrastination activity)
There are blogs about food, blogs about travel, blogs about politics, blogs for photography, blogs for recipes, blogs for news, and sports, music, and celebrities...blogs to share opinions, blogs to confess secrets, blogs to share heartache, blogs to spread love. People blog to connect to others, to put their feelings into words, to express themselves in a whole new way. Some blog for the world, some blog for their families, some blog for themselves.
I don't expect my blog to ever reach millions of viewers, make me rich and famous, or change the world. I blog mostly for me, I think.
Its a creative outlet, and stress reliever, a connection to family and friends, a pseudo journal, and a reason to do fun things (to blog about them, of course!) .
So here I am, sharing useless random thoughts with you again. Is anyone reading this stuff?
If you are there, I love you.
Thanks- M
PS. Last night we actually went out. Like not to the grocery store to get a Redbox movie and a box of icecream. I mean OUT. I actually did my hair. We met some of my friends downtown at a trendy place that was doing a benefit for Haiti disaster relief with the Red Cross. We watched people sip wine and martinis, and listened to the live band. We even ventured across the streets to a bar and a pool hall with our friends Katie and Carl. We debated whose profession was really going to save the world. Pizza was good. Company was better.
PSS. Today I walked out of my house at 7:30am in chucks, jeans and a sweatshirt. Crazy. I was fah-reezing all day. Everyone around me had on their goosedown parkas and beanies and commercial strength snowboots. What's wrong with me? I think I'm subconsciously clinging to summer.
Wish I had a pocketful of sunshine. Here's some for you.

3 comments:
We have had the warm weather you are wanting! Hope you will have a glorious spring. It is so good to be able to keep tabs on the two of you via your blog. I hope Jonathan doesn't freeze! We love you tons!!!
I read your blog every day and I love it! I'm glad you guys got to go out last night :)
I read your blog EVERYDAY. I rarely have the extra 30 seconds to comment because I have a munchkin hanging on me...but I love you and I love your blog.
Hugs,
Katie
Post a Comment