1.03.2010

2 whole years



Yep. Its been that long since the day we were married for time and all eternity here.
And we are still in love! Imagine that.

We celebrated by a New Year's weekend getaway in St. Louis, which we tacked on to a wonderful (although warmer) California Christmas.

We braved the freezing night to go to the city's First Night events.
We explored the coolest museum ever, and felt like kids again as we climbed, slid and crawled our way through.
We tried to eat here, and being gravely disappointed when we found it closed for New Years Day (ridiculous, I know.), we ventured to unknown neighborhoods and happened upon a 'little italy' where we found a tasty little manicotti-serving joint.
We lounged around in our big fluffy bed here, watched the rose parade on TV and watched the snow fall outside.
We walked through the here and bought lots and lots of fudge (now an anniversary tradition).
We marveled at this, and toured the creative and very thorough museum of westward expansion located underneath.

Safely back home in Champaign, we went to church this morning where my husband bore testimony of the sealing power, and how we are bound to each other, our families, our in-laws, extended families, and ancestors through the blessings and ordinances of the temple.
He made me dinner tonight and we enjoyed a home-made chocolate fondue tray for dessert.

I could say so much about my love for my husband, my respect for marriage and the blessings of the temple, but I will just say this: As of today, I love this man more than I ever thought possible. And I am so happy he picked me to be his wife. We are learning new things each day as we go on this adventure of life together. We are not perfect. But we are trying to be a little better each day. I know that we will continue to enjoy the journey, to strengthen and encourage each other through everything life throws our way. I'm thankful to have him by my side for eternity.We've reflected on the many things we've done together and places we've gone just in these past two years. I can't wait to see what the future will bring.

Over the holidays I discovered a long-lost or late-delivered wedding card addressed to us, at my parents house. The front of the card had the requisite sparkles, gold-foil heart and inspiring quote in a flowery font. The quote struck me this time (maybe its because I hadn't opened a wedding card in 2 years, so it was a fresh experience again). It gave me something to think about at this time in our lives when we are working so hard to be able to have careers, have a house, have a family, and sometimes we feel like the time for those things is in a far distant future that will never come. It said,
"Those who love, have all things."
:)

happy anniversary to us.
happy new year to all!

No comments: