9.18.2009

a better day

Today is a better day. Thanks for your kind notes of encouragement, wise words of advice, and some get-your-bum-into-gear-and-stop-feeling-sorry-for-yourself counsel. I needed them all.

I'm not saying there is any magical cure for overwhelmed-ness, but much prayer, a long nap, cleaning my house, some pilates, a good meal, and getting 3 chapters of mind-numbing Neuro out of the way may have helped. PLUS! (and this is the kicker) having this cute guy come home to me at the end of the day, and getting to spend the whole night with him!


Ode to the Husband

Ode to the husband
who loves me day and night
even when I'm stressed
Ode to the husband
who encourages me,
makes sure I'm at my best

Ode to the husband,
who always makes me happy
even when I'm down
Ode to the husband
who cracks silly jokes
making a smile from my frown

Ode to the husband
who does the laundry
when I don't have time
Ode to the husband
who can make great meals
and flavor things with thyme

Ode to the husband
who does all this and more
while studying quantum physics
Ode to the husband
also solving the energy crisis
(not too shabby for his first year, is it?)

Ode to the husband
who is my rock and biggest fan,
the love of my life
Ode to the husband
who keeps me going day after day,
I'm so glad I'm his wife.



2 comments:

Albus Dumbledore said...

Ode to the wife who can write so well!! Jonathan is lucky to have someone who sees his strengths so clearly.

Katie C Kirkham said...

Mary. I read your post. You are amazing.

You are my hero and will forever be my motivation to go back to school. Can I get a amen for you being so greAT!

My life is not as busy as yours...but I give myself a "top 5" everyday. What are the top 5 most important things for the day. If I do those 5 then I can go to bed feeling accomplished. I can relax and stop worrying about the 25 other things on my list.

Love you to death. Hugs.