3.30.2009

Really.


Tonight, for FHE we went up to the Y parking lot and sat in our car, overlooking the city lights in the valley. We could see across to the lake, and silhouettes of mountains all around as the sun was setting behind them.

We realized...we kinda like this place.

And then we talked about all the things we love about living here, the memories we've made, the things we'll miss when we're gone.

We realized...we really like this place.

Even though, over the past few years, we
had our moments ... like everyone else- Complaining about one thing or another. But we know (and now we can admit it) that when we are gone... we'll miss it! And we'll always look back on these times with fondness.
Sentimental, yes. Touching, I know. And its true-
really.

I guess we have 2 months to make the most of what time is left.

(And then maybe we'll have to wait 20 years to bring our kids back here for school... and we'll bore them to tears with cheesy stories of when we met and fell in love. I can't wait. :) )

2 comments:

Cate said...

oh. this makes me sad and happy. :) I hope you get to come back now and then. beautiful picture by the way.

jennyjones said...

why do you always make me cry. why why why.