Last week I had the pleasure of visiting with two of my 3 gorgeous sisters and their families.
I've decided to re-cap this trip in a series of sorts, to keep you tantalized, wanting more and all that.
Also, scrolling down forever is annoying, and I have lots of photos to share.
Colorado: The Mountains (Part I)
The mountains called to us with their waterfalls and rushing rivers, craggy peaks and very thin air. And so. Up, up, up the winding canyon to a natural hot springs resort. We escaped to a cabin- with a front porch perfect for the playing of guitars on rainy afternoons, and a loft for the cousins to share with giggles and rustling of sheets.
There were bridges for walking on fresh mornings, and steamy pools for evening dips after a long day of exploration. There were gentle horses for riding and chilly creeks for swimming, mamas for kissing owies and daddies for carrying on shoulders, and children for reminding us to be amazed by it all.
Stay tuned for more Colorado.
Post Edit:
One morning at the cabin, I woke early and climbed into bed with the kids, tickling them awake. The girls greeted me with hugs and wanted to snuggle. The boys' bed was full of dirt clumps, and they wanted to play 'telephone'. The first sentence whispered in my ear was "I like to poop in the toilet". Well, there are worse things that could happen at 6:00 am.






















3 comments:
next time you are in CO you can come visit brandon and i! WHAMMY.
Oh, tantalized I am!
You're so talented and lovely. I can read your posts all day... so beautifully written :) ONE of your biggest fans, LYSS :)
Post a Comment