I will never do something just because it is 'popular'.
AND
I will never not do something just because it is 'cliche', or 'out of style'.
I will do something because I like it. Because I see value in it. Because it brings me and others joy. Because I think it's the right thing to do.
And I will not apologize.
So there.
Now if I could only learn to be that true to myself 100% of the time.
-----
On a note of nostalgia...
I was going through my jewelry last night and found so many precious items...
I love jewelry. I have a lot of it. Most of it is cheap, because well, I'm cheap. A lot of it is from different countries. And a select few items are valuable, and very special to me.
I like things that have a past, that carry significance, that remind me of someone or an important event in my life.
Among the meaningful pieces:
My wedding ring. Of course.
My other daily ring, a tri-color puzzle ring from Kuwait.
The necklace Jonny gave me on our first Christmas together.
A pendant from my Mom, a graduation gift.
A bracelet from Dad, inscribed in both English and Sanskrit, "Carry Peace in Your Heart".
A gold heart charm with my name on it from my baptism day.
The pearl earrings I wore on our wedding day.
A necklace I inherited from my Grandmother.
A delicate golden anklet.
My Mom gave me the anklet when I was very young. I started wearing it again in high school, until one day a teenage boy teased me about it. I took it off and didn't wear it again for years.
I found it last night, and you know what? I put it on.
1 comment:
such beautiful jewelery! i have a puzzle ring too and love it!
Post a Comment