8.25.2010

Life: A Beautiful Gift

Introducing Jamila Dineo Monareng!
Her name means "beautiful gift". How precious and how true.
My amazing sister's sweet little baby was born this weekend.
How wonderful that Heavenly Father sends these cherished spirits to earth and allows us to take care of them for a short time.


Also, today is my lovely Mom's birthday! Happy Birthday to you dear mother!
I love you and miss you all the time. I hope to be like you one day.


I'm sitting here eating leftover homemade pizza. Yep. Last night I made it for my first time, the crust from scratch. I may or may not have resisted the urge to toss the dough in the air and sing "O Sole Mio" whilst cooking. One thick crust barbecue chicken and one thin crust veggie parmesan. Delish.

I saw the most beautiful sunrise this morning. So inspiring. Sometimes it pays to get up early to walk your dog. And sometimes its better to live in a flat place where the sun just bursts over the horizon. Just sayin.

I feel really good about this new semester. I'm excited to learn new things...and to be starting my last year of school EVER. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

The third Hunger Games book is out! I can't seem to make those books last for more than a day or two. Must.Read.Can't.Stop. I see an all-nighter in my near future.

Our dog is crazy. Officially. He downed a whole batch of cookies Monday morning. Surprise and alarm, I called the vet in a panic to find that he would be 'just fiiiiine' given his size and the cocoa involved. He wallowed around for a few hours in a sweet-induced misery and then proceeded to spend the rest of the day (and night) on a hyper sugar-high rampage. That was especially fun during our last night of obedience class during which our final Canine Good Citizen test was to be passed... but we still love him. After all, don't we do the same thing?: Eat something we know will make us sick but eat it anyway just for the pleasure of the taste and wind up licking our chops after way too many servings? And supposedly we (humans) know better.

Ah yes, life is a beautiful gift. Hope you are all enjoying it today. :)





No comments: