BYU women's volleyball played here a while ago. We ventured into a sea of BRIGHT HOT CONSTRUCTION CONE ORANGE....In our understated and classy navy blue Cougars shirts. Yep, we were the ONLY ones. There were over 2,000 fans there. Despite my fears of getting 'jumped', some strange looks were all we got. (Well, there was also that lady in the bathroom who asked why I came...) It was like 'Where's Waldo?' trying to find us, yet we stuck out like two giant sore thumbs.
Aside from the mildly uncomfortable feeling of nervousness that everyone was boring holes into my head with their eyes and possibly preparing to pour something nasty on me, and judging all of Mormondom by my ugly shoes and messy hair, it was great. I like going to sporting events. I miss it. And I miss BYU.
Having said that, we are adjusting quite nicely to our new home. This year it seems like home. I think it takes about a year for that to happen. At least for me.
secondly,
Colby and I were taking a walk in the meadow/prairie by our house yesterday afternoon. A storm was rolling in and the sky was an awesome mix of clouds and grayness. The air was practically sizzling with electricity. The thunder had already started and the sky felt vast and suffocating at the same time. The wind was picking up. We were walking fast to get home before the inevitable thunderstorm monsoon. Colby was romping and I was walking looking up at the sky warily, when out of the blue this guy comes running towards us down the little path that is mown in the tall prairie grass. Hes just out for a jog, I guess. Not uncommon in these parts (college towns seem to have a lot of joggers, no?) yet something was strange about it. He came out of no where. He was wearing khaki shorts and tennis shoes and a leather necklace on his bare chest, and his pony tail was bouncing on his back. AND he was a dead ringer for one of those werewolf guys.
No joke. And he was smiling. AT MY DOG! Wolf? Or not a wolf? That is the question. He passed us by at a casual pace and said only "Hi Puppy!"
I'm not a twilight freak, I promise. But this was just too crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment