Just dropping in to say, we're back! And we already miss Kuwait. There are many things I miss about the middle east. Here are a few: First, my parents. Also,
-food (particularly hummus & iranian bread, and the european chocolates)
-the beach
-incense
-cheek kiss greetings
-camels
But we are happy to be home sleeping our own bed. We were overwhelmed by the green-ness of Illinois, especially compared to the brown Kuwaiti desert! I cannot believe it has been a year since we moved here. Today, I will go to an orientation for the new students in my program. I'm now a 'second year'. I have to go to meet the new 1st years and be assigned to a mentee. I'm pretty excited/ weirded out that it has been a whole YEAR since I was sitting in those seats nervous as heck and not knowing what I got myself into. I'm sure it'll be a lot better this time around.
We've learned to like this place. Even though I prefer the West and I miss the mountains and of course my family...there are many things I'm loving about our home in Illinois. Here are a few:
-green (thanks to frequent thunderstorms)
-huge sky
-friends
-farmer's market
-our new apartment
This week, in addition to recovering from jetlag and working, we've gone to an awesome drive-in movie theater, sampled to our hearts content at the Taste of Champaign, and bought a little something for our home. (Its a SURPRISE! Curious? Wait for the next post.)
No comments:
Post a Comment