HELP!
we feel like this...

Since our amazing Italy trip last May, Jonny has been in pain. Lots of it. In his feet. Even sitting still on the couch, its a dull pain. If he stands all day at work in the cleanroom, or if we spend a few hours walking around, his feet will be throbbing all night. The Dr. said he has plantar fasciitis. He went to a specialist this summer and got custom orthotics. That cost a bundle. He wears them 24/7. Its been almost a year. Still in pain. Still can't run. He misses it. A lot. Help?
For the last month or so, I've been having a sharp pain in my right heel. After buying some 7$ Dr. Scholls gel heel cushions, my heel feels a little better, but the pain seems to have migrated up the outside of my foot. Jonny thinks its because I wear cheap flats from Payless and Target. And I wear too-high heels. And sandals with no support. Yeah, so what? I'm 22 years old! Should I really be moving on to Naturalizers already? I love shoes. (remember this?). I don't want to give them up yet. Plus, I'm supposed to be training for this! Help?
Spring has finally sprung!!!!!
And we are so excited. Spring means...pretty colors, fresh flowers, and sunshine!
Playing in the park! Wearing sandals! Running outside!
Not for us. We are a sad sight to see. Old feet on young bodies. Soaking in bowls of hot water.
Any ideas? Magic cures? Anyone had something similar?
PS> UPDATE: Funny how I had no idea when I was posting this yesterday that it was officially "One Day Without Shoes" day. See their site here.
3 comments:
I can help :) there are streching for plantar Faciatis , a night splint to wear to bed, and try not going bear foot, your feet need support... hope this helps :)
Oh, I had no idea that you two were struggling with this, that is no fun at all. I say get jonny a wheel chair and for you my dear----weekly pedicures!
Acutally on a serious note, Joshua has very sensitive feet also (for diabetic reasons), so I massage his feet a couple times a week and it seems to really help.
Good luck!
PS: I'll take over massage duty while we're in Kuwait :)
Umm, when my Dad had a bad case of plantar fasciitis a few years ago (it lasted for over a year) he found that rolling a frozen water bottle under his foot at the end of the day or after walking around a lot helped more than anything.
When my heels and ankles started bothering me last year I gave up running (it was heartbreaking)and started running on an eliptical. HUGE difference! It's helped so much! Don't worry you'll still feel old (my mother-in-law works out on an eliptical) but you'll feel great and it's still running, kind of :)
Post a Comment