I know you've all been waiting....
Prep: We went to Home Depot and bought sandpaper, a brush, a can of paint, and a can of poly.
1. We hauled all the blue chairs out to our little patio.
2. With an easy 1-2 pop we unscrewed the tattered rush seats from all 4 chairs.
3. Jonny managed to cut the rush off of one seat, so we'll have a nice frame to use for a reference when we cut our new seats.
4. Wearing proper sanding attire, of course. Trying to keep from inhaling too much blue dust.
5. Because we are too cheap to buy an electric sander, and too zealous to wait and borrow one from someone else, we HAND-sanded all four chairs. That's right, people. We are tough. (I have a major cramp in my right hand now...)
5. After a couple hours of sufficiently scrubbing and scratching down the chairs in every nook and cranny, we and our patio were covered in blue dust.
6. Smurf-like, we wiped down each chair with a slightly damp rag to get rid of all the blue dust particles.
7. Clean-up. Swept up the rush and blue stuff and smashed into a plastic bag.
8. Chairs are lugged back into the house for safe keeping until we have time for Part 2. Stay tuned!
(I almost like them just how they are. Don't you love that distressed look?)
( I wanted to post all the photos here, but for some reason Blogger is not cooperating. Sorry! I've been trying all week. Anyone else had this trouble? See our pictures here!)
No comments:
Post a Comment