There is a basket in his room full of blankets. But these three are special. Everett is blessed to have 2 grandmas and a great grandma who made beautiful, hand-stitched quilts for him while I was pregnant. I'm grateful for the time and sacrifice that went into each of these soft warm blankets!
When he was about 8 months old, we had a little photo shoot with these precious heirlooms. He loved to touch and explore the different fabrics and colors. I hope he will enjoy them for years to come.
---
Grandma Betty- The Happy Everything quilt- made with all the happy colors since we didn't know his gender before birth. She has made a quilt for all of her grandchildren and great-grandchildren... I think the number is over 100 now!
Grandma Krissy- The Custom Quilt- Jonny's mom was kind enough to let us choose the fabric and pattern for this quilt. It ended up tying together Everett's room. We made a flag banner for the nursery out of the scraps. I wanted yellows, greens and blues but Jonny voted for the pop of red. I love how it turned out!
Grammy Leslie- The Animal Quilt- Everett loves this quilt because he likes to look at the animals, each one carefully quilted around their shape, and "read" the alphabet around the edge. I love it because it reminds me of my mom- animal prints and palm trees!


No comments:
Post a Comment