Like the nerds that we are, we scoured the interwebs for a baby yoda hat, and Jedi robe patterns, and I set to work. I am such a novice seamstress. It probably took me way too long to make these. I learned a lot, though, and gained some confidence. I spent hours during the weeks leading up to Halloween on Jonny and Everett's robes, and had to settle on a last minute thrift-store skirt and turtleneck for me, in the end. Little Ever would scoot and crawl around a little on the floor beneath the table, while the sewing machine whirred above. And our Halloween party came and went and we were so busy running around helping with activities that we didn't get a.single.photo. It didn't take much arm-twisting to get my boys to don their costumes again later that week for a tripod family photo experience. My hair was pretty epic, if I do say so myself, and I planned it that way. The long locks had one last debut in buns, since I chopped it all off the next week.
[I realize that Leia goes romantically with Han Solo but I have a thing about guns, and we decided Harrison Ford couldnt be represented without one, so Jonny settled for Luke Skywalker. So try to look past the creepy sibling love, ok?]
We thought he was the most rad baby Master Yoda. Once he was tucked into his sleeping quarters for the night, we watched Little Shop of Horrors and I rejoiced in finally sharing that silly musical with Jonny while we waited for the doorbell buzz and grubbed on candy and laughed our guts out at Steve Martin. It was a Happy Halloween indeed.







No comments:
Post a Comment