7.13.2010

weekend treasures

Because I have been very bad about toting my camera around lately, and very unlucky when it comes to uploading pictures, I've decided to share our weekend via a series of pictures borrowed from Google.
I apologize for any confusion. No, that is not our car, our child, or dress, trumpet, ball or california roll.

We took lots of walks with our cute pooch, Colby:


We watched lots of these gorgeous late summer sunsets over the cornfields...and we thought, for just a minute, that the Midwest is sorta pretty:

We washed/vacuumed/detailed the Fit! It looks so shiny and new:


We walked hand-in-hand in cute downtown Champaign during their 150th anniversary music celebration! It was fantastic. We listened to great live music, and learned about the history of this city:
We went to a small backyard bbq with some friends, and even brought our dog! He did surprisingly well for the amount of tempting grilled meat laying around:

I 'played' softball with some people from my program on a gorgeous Friday afternoon. None of us were any good. That's why it was fun:


Jonny and I went out for sushi on our datenight! We felt very trendy as we used chopsticks and laughed to each other in the dim light. I will eat pretty much anything. But raw fish just does not tickle my fancy. I was brave and tried some salmon/tuna/seaweed thing. Lets just say I'll stick with my crunchy california roll:


We are enjoying summer and soaking in as much sun and magic as we can, amidst humid days, afternoon thunderstorms, and the responsibilities of real life.

No comments: