3.12.2010

thoughts of the week


1. I've been re-falling in love with swing/'big band' music.
Frank Sinatra, Mel Torme, Ella Fitzgerald, Dean Martin, Nat King Cole, Louie Armstrong,Duke Ellington...
you get the idea.

2. I've been very emotional. Last night in my car I was listening to Delilah. A little boy (11 yrs old) came on to request a song for his mom, who passed away from breast cancer 4 years ago. She played "brown eyed girl" for him. And I cried all the way home.

3. I've been very productive. We got a group project done that isn't due for a whole week! With the help of my resourceful Jonny, I also found all 12 research articles online that I need to read for another class.

4. I've been feeling the 'organization bug'. This weekend= throw out/give away tons of junk and simplify our lives/apartment.

5. I've been thinking a lot about change and constants. I think there's something to be said for people like us who get married young. We are still changing, still figuring out lots about who we are and who we want to be...shifting the most intriguing, complicated parts of ourselves. But the most important things- the values, the core, the principles, are constant. Maybe thats why it works.

6. I've been super in love with my husband. We can do this life thing together, babe.

Have a Happy Weekend!

No comments: