
This morning I rolled out of bed, and took our baby in for a check-up. We are all about saving and shopping clearance, buying generic brands and using coupons. However, when it comes to the Fit, we spare no expense! (ok, not really, but at least when it comes to important maintenance things). Its an investment, after all. We are planning on having our kids drive that car when they are in high school. Seriously. So I took it to the dealer. Its been getting oil changes and tire rotations, etc at Honda Dealers ever since I got it June of 2006.
Since its our only car, I had to wait an hour and a half for them to work their magic instead of being dropped off somewhere and stranded, or having someone pick me up. No problem, I told the jokester mechanic who checked me in that I brought my homework and I'd be fine in their waiting room for an hour or two. He laughed and said "thats what they all say and then they watch TV and text and flip through magazines". He said he'd come check on me to make sure I was really doing homework.
And he actually did! And I actually was. He was impressed. He made some comment about how I was "changing his opinion of U of I students". Then he asked if I got drunk on Friday (during the huge campus party for "Unofficial St. Patrick's Day"). Of course (because I'm LDS) I said nope, I don't even drink. Wow. Boy, did he think I was responsible. He laughed and said that I was 'stacking them up' (what, I'm not sure), "you drive a honda fit, you're doing homework, you don't drink"...I laughed and asked if I could get a discount, then, if he was so impressed. Then he said "No way! You don't get a discount for agreeing with me! I'm feeling like Flo."
- Little did he know, I was only forced to actually write a paper in a car dealership because I procrastinated the project and it was due at noon today....I should have done it last night but we were too busy playing with this. (thought we were kidding about this? nope.)
It pays every once in a while...to be semi-responsible. Thanks, Reggie.
I love my honda.
PS. For those of you who are wondering, I was writing a paper about Stroke and TBI. And yes, I got it turned in... 1.5 hrs before the deadline. :)
1 comment:
Mary! I love your new blog background! :) Sorry I have been MIA lately...I loved reading your past few posts. That is such a cool story about how he gave you a discount :) Don't you love it when that happens? And I'm with you...I definitely fantasize about becoming a homeowner. I'm officially addicted to HGTV. LOve ya!
Post a Comment