Things I Learned:
- its a lot harder than it looks
- 'busy' is a relative term (personally, I thought the place was hoppin' for a thursday night. but more seasoned servers laughed at my stressed-outedness)
- a platter comes with 2 sides, a basket comes with 1.
- whoever designed the computer menu system for Applebees was seriously scatterbrained (and that adjective is generous)
- contrary to my previous belief, i am not that good at multi-tasking (please juggle 6 tables on your first night. thank you very much.)
- i don't know anything
- "weight watchers points are VERY serious" (requesting absolutely NO butter on her broccoli...she tips her sunglasses and narrows her eyes at me as if I have some evil scheme to drench her trees in lard and trick her into eating them)
- "an MGD"="a Genuine"="Miller Genuine Draft" (seriously, people. i know NOTHING about alcohol. that's not an exaggeration. its time to get educated.)
- its a lot harder than it looks
- to a cute old man, giving me a 5% tip with a smile probably feels the same as pressing a piece of 10-cent gum in my hand and giving me a pat on the head
- some lady had the nerve to tell me (after requesting 3 different drinks, proclaiming each one "disgusting") that she didn't like her 7 oz house sirloin steak after all, and would take the rest home to her dog.
- its a lot harder than it looks (did i say that one already?)

2 comments:
oh man that sounds rough! :( I'm sorry! But I'm sure you're doing a great job and that things will get better soon. LOVE YA TONS! Miss you girl!
I was a server all last year and totally know how hard it can be!! But you will have some really great times too! Be prepared to meet some of the funniest and weirdest people while serving at a restaurant.
Post a Comment