12.04.2008

One of those moments

Life is made up of gadjillions of moments. The good, the bad and the ugly. And I strongly believe in cherishing the good. Whatever they may be: surprising, awe-inspiring, comforting, blissful, satisfying...they are all wonderful. And even though my life is not 100% good moments, I try my best to recognize them while they are happening, (or at least after-the-fact). Because focusing on the good helps me to be a happier person!
Today I had many good moments I'd like to share. Whether they are unique to today, or occurances of everyday life, it's always moments like these when I take a deep breath and say,
"I love my life!":
  • I yawn with first stretch of the morning, in my comfy bed.
  • I step into the hot shower after the gym.
  • I wake up and see an EMPTY sink.
  • I get a compliment from a stranger.
  • I watch the first snowflakes fall from the sky.
  • I catch a glimpse of a breathtaking mountain view.
  • The last bit of laundry is finally clean, folded, and put away.
  • My professor says exactly what I need to hear, and it makes perfect sense.
  • I put the finishing touches on our first Christmas tree.
  • My husband looks at me like he did on our wedding day.
  • The perfect song comes on the radio when I get in my car.
  • Someone special calls me, just when I need to talk.
  • I get to the gas station right before the tank runs dry.
  • I witness a magical moment between mother and child.
  • I realize that actually have time to make a yummy dinner, AND food in the pantry.

What about you? What good moments did you have today? :)

1 comment:

Natalie said...

oh Mary, I love your positive outlook on life. I am so excited to see you in just a few weeks!