7.14.2011

incomplete


About a year ago I started writing another song. You know my songs are pretty much all the same: me trying to sing and strumming a few chords on the guitar whilst entertaining you with lyrics that are either incredibly pointless or too meaningful to be subjected to my lack of skill.
This song was called "The middle". After being smashed in my guitar case for half a year, I pulled it out the other day, and got to thinking.
We've lived in the Midwest for only two years. (Remember when we moved here?)
But its sorta kinda home. It is very beautiful, in its own way.
Well, in anticipating leaving it in the dust, I've begun to really notice all the things I love and will miss about it. You know, the grass is always greener, absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that...
Anyway, in the spirit of incomplete-ness, here is a partial list.

fireflies
green!
dawn and dusk
our fav mexican restaurant
campus gym
summer rain
corn fields
festivals and concerts
our ward
cities close by
institute classes
flexible schedules
friends

The people make the place. Great people= great place. This is prettymuchalways true. Unless you are in jail.
Unless maybe J.K. Rowling is there with you, or Steve Martin. Then it would still be great.




No comments: