It's official. I've entered phase 4 of confusing names in my lifetime.
Mary. First/given name. Nursery rhymes/jokes galore. I've heard em all. I love my name and I respect the fact that it has been around so long because it was the name of the mother of the Savior of the world. But still. Mary had a little lamb is a little old by now.
Mary Gale. First name, last name. But since they are so short, and fun to say together, I suppose, Gale could be a woman's name, and Mary is a name commonly followed by other names (MaryAnn, MaryJo, etc), everyone in high school called me MaryGale. Always. Especially coaches. Even though I was lucky enough NOT to have one of those too-common names (there were 5 Ashley's in my history class...) and I could actually be known by just my first name, I was not just Mary. I was MaryGale.
Mary Young. First name, last name. I love my Jonny and the whole Young family. Problem here is the endless pun factor. Did I take the nonexistent advice to "marry young"? Yes! I did. At the ripe old age of 20. Ha.Ha. Not funny, I've heard it a thousand times. Also, now that I have a 'y' connected to a 'y', my first and last names blend together. Mary-Young. It sounds like one name again. MarYoung. Or MaryUng. I actually met Mary Ung the other day. I was waiting in the Chiropractor's office and someone called out "Mary Ung". I almost stood up, and would have, were it not for a sweet little asian woman who had quicker reflexes. I smiled to myself. But I digress. Number 4:
Mary Kay. My business card now says Mary Kay, Mary Young. Yep, never say never. I went to a little meeting to support a friend from church and ended up signing up to be a Mary Kay independent beauty consultant. Ha! But I really do love a lot of things I've learned about the company, their products are great, and now I get them at 50% off and I can make a little extra money while having fun. Seriously, don't knock it till you try it. That's my philosophy with most things in life, and with their price break in April it was actually a tiny investment. I figured it will either change my life or it won't, but its an opportunity that's been put before me and I'm taking it. If you are wondering what I love about it or how I could possibly join a 'scheme for old ladies', ask me.
Having said that, you can support me by shopping online 24/7 with free shipping! Here:
(ps. Or tell your husbands to hop on. Mother's day is around the corner!) :)
(pss. I never used to even bother because I thought I was too much of a cheapskate to even consider it. But they actually have 90 products that are $10 or less! So go poke around.)
(pss. Mom, don't worry, I haven't forgotten that I went to 6 years of college so I could have a real job. I'm still on the lookout for one of those.)
---
Don't fret, my dears.
Here is an update.
Welcomed a brand new baby nephew into the family!! Jonny's sister Natalie jogged to the hospital and then birthed a child. Yes. Amazing. She and Josh are so proud. We can't wait to meet the cute little guy! Unfortunately facebook won't let me steal any pictures of him to show you.
Tried this restaurant. Fabulous. Perfect girls night out while the boys were at the priesthood session of Conference.
Attended a sweet gender reveal party with our friends Amy and Aaron, where we all found out together via blue-filling cupcakes, that they are going to have a Boy! Here's Amy and I at this place:
Ran this race with my awesome friend Ali. It was a blast! And the boys met us a few times along the way to get the action shots and cheer us on to mile 6.2 victory. (10K)
Stayed busy with our church callings. With the youth: going to supersaturday in Springfield, attending mutual, teaching Sunday lessons. Participating in lovely Easter music concerts with the Ward choir and reflecting on the true reason for our celebrations.
Celebrated when Jonny passed a humungo oral exam that he has been studying for for weeks!
I am so proud of him every day.
Planned activities for my kiddos at school every day. I love working with kids. They crack me up all the time. 2 more weeks at Stratton Elementary! Graded about a millions papers for the undergrad class I teach. Its almost dooone.
Grilled out for the first time last night!! Hot dogs, sweet corn and cantalope. It feels like summer. Can't wait for our California trip in a few weeks! Booked our hotel near Disneyland. Now we just have to figure out what to do with this cute dog while we are away. Any takers?
Counted down the days 'till Graduation and family coming to visit! 11. Eleven.






4 comments:
Hey girl! We would totally be willing to watch Colby (or, Colby Jack Cheese as he's known around our house) while you're gone. Just let me know the days of your trip. If we can't do the whole time we could do part if that works out!
you forgot your fifth name. the name that stems from all your other names.
MargleUng.
xoxo
when are you going to disneyland????? could we met up with you there?? We would love to see you guys!!
Post a Comment