5.02.2010

Go Team 9819





WooHoo! The Illinois Marathon.

I was inspired by the sheer number of people there- 14,000 runners!
People who come from all over the place...different backgrounds, races, religions, skill and fitness levels, ages...and support and cheer each other on. I love seeing total strangers helping each other out, I love seeing people push themselves to accomplish their goals.

My friends and I ran the relay. We each ran a part of the marathon. My leg was the first 6.7 miles.
26.2 miles later, we crossed the finish line as a team at the 50 yd. line of Memorial Stadium.

It was amazing!


_______________________________________
Saturday night I went to my friend Hatun's Henna Party! She is getting married in Turkey at the end of the month. Bellydancing, candle ceremony, and turkish food. It was so much fun, and made me that much more excited for Kuwait! Isn't she cute?




No comments: