11.29.2009

a time of thanksgiving


Remember the 'tangle of pokey sticks' I predicted back in October? Well, they are here. But the sunsets are still beautiful.


Our Thanksgiving week was wonderful. Although I was only marginally productive as far as schoolwork goes (I'll be paying for that this week), I got the creative bug. I satisfied the need by making a browsing trip to Michaels (cue craft angel chorus), and then making a feather headband for myself, some colorful table toppers for our upcoming Young Women in Excellence night, carmel-chocolate-nut covered apples for our neighbors, and added to our ongoing "Thank-You Tree". It is good to reflect on all of our blessings and the many things we have to be thankful for. Mostly, for family.





Jonny's Dad's family lives in Kansas. Right smack in the middle of the state. They agreed to have us for Turkey Day. We made the trip over the river and through the woods to sweet Grandmother's house in the tiny town of Otis, Kansas. It was a nice change of scenery. We left the corn fields for wheat fields! Otis has a population of about 200 people (maybe less) and 1 paved road. We spent the days eating the traditional delicious food, visiting with our gracious hosting family and braving the crowds at the nearest mall (1.5 hrs away) on black friday morning.




We figured out on the long drive home...in almost 2 years of marriage, our Honda Fit has taken us to/through 12 states! That's a lot of mileage. We sure are thankful for that little car. There's no place like home.

1 comment:

Cate said...

i love your headband! :) you're so crafty!!!