SMART GOALS!
S. specific
M. measurable
A. attainable
R. realistic
T. timely
We tried to keep this guide in mind as Jonny and I set goals for this year. This January is a new start- a new calendar year, a new year of marriage, a new semester of school, and a new season!
(I don't think I've seen this much snow here.
It seemed like it snowed about 2 feet in a day and a half.
We had to dig.our.car.out. last night to go to the grocery store...
What!? It was crazy. I've never done that in my life.)
But we are excited for the chance to make positive changes in our lives. We set some goals together, and had fun looking over the goals we set and accomplished last year.
Some areas where I set personal goals:
physical
mental
social
spiritual
financial
Every year in setting "new years resolutions", I have a hard time deciding whether to set just a few, simple goals I can remember daily, or set a bunch in a variety of different categories...
I want them to be ones that I will actually accomplish...but I guess I have a hard time stopping at just 1 or 2. There is so much I need to work on!
That's where SMART comes in.
What do you do?
1 comment:
hey Mary! How are you? I'm sorry to hear you are stuck in all that snow! Some people like it, but I'm not one of those people!
Anyways, goals. This year I decided just to set one goal in each category...basically the same ones you listed. So far, so good- I know it's only been 7 days...but I can still be happy with one weeks worth of progress, I guess! Good Luck with the goals!!! :)
Post a Comment