
Do not let it stay!
Quickly turn it upsidedown
And smile that frown away!
This Sunday I had the opportunity to teach Relief Society. And it was so fun because the topic was:
JOY and HAPPINESS!
(it was a much-needed pickmeup for a .wintery.rainy.snowy.cold. day)
And after boring all the women in my ward with my lesson, I'd like to now extend it to the whole world by posting it on our blog, because it was just that amazing!
It was based on three talks from the November General Conference Ensign:
President Monson
President Uchtdorf
Elder Wirthlin
I really encourage you to read one or all of these if you haven't already.
Using the wise words of these inspired men, I came up with a list of sorts:
HOW TO BE HAPPY:
(in spite of this crazy world we live in and the challenges thrown our way DAILY)
1. Be Like Christ
2. Make the Most of Today
3. Have an Attitude of Thankfulness
4. Learn to Laugh
5. Seek for the Eternal
6. Remember the Principle of Compensation
7. Trust the Father and the Son
8. Be Optimistic
“This is our one and only chance at mortal life- here and now. . .Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey and share our love with friends and family”- Thomas S. Monson
3 comments:
Mary!!!! This is so awesome! I gave my talk on Sunday on how to be happy! :) It was a really good reminder. See you in class!
You have such a lucky relief society to have you as a teacher. I love that quote by President Thomas S. Monson. Happy Monday Mary :)
I'm sad I missed your lesson Mary. Bonnie was very hungry and didn't feel like sitting through RS.
I really wanted to tell you how beautifully you sang in sacrament meeting. I was sad when you stopped, I could have listened to you for a lot longer. You brought the spirit so strong to the meeting. You are very talented!
My family didn't leave till after 9pm on Sunday. Sorry we weren't able to come over. We still really want to play sometime soon.
Post a Comment