9.12.2011

Location: Boise, Idaho.



This picture was taken in the Grove Hotel in downtown Boise November 2010.
It was the day we decided that we would definitely not move to Boise.
Oops.

My man. I love him.
But he used to drive me crazy because he has this thing about taking care of things he values. He would annoy me by insisting on taking extra time to clean them, or store them, or always placing them just so.
It used to get on my nerves. Until I read this talk about a wife who obsessively cared for her set of silverware...and I came to the same realization as the author:

"For years I thought she was just a little bit eccentric, and then one day I realized that she had known for a long time something that I was just beginning to understand. If you want something to last forever, you treat it differently. You shield it and protect it. You never abuse it. You don’t expose it to the elements. You don’t make it common or ordinary. If it ever becomes tarnished, you lovingly polish it until it gleams like new. It becomes special because you have made it so, and it grows more beautiful and precious as time goes by.

Eternal marriage is just like that. We need to treat it just that way. I pray that we may see it for the priceless gift that it is..."

Jonny understands this. It is evident in the way he also cares for me. I am so thankful to be married to him. He turned 28 yesterday! We celebrated with a weekend of festivities. We ate here. We hiked here. We bought one of these. We cooked from this. It was a grand time.
September 11th is important, not only because it was the day my love was born into the world, and the day we all Remember (9/11/01. We pray for the families of those involved in that day and all the aftermath, who are living with the effects. We are so blessed to live in this country). It is also the day we decided to get married. 9/11/07. ♥

We survived the summer apart. The reunion was epic.
We survived the packing and cleaning. We spent our last night in Champaign having dinner here with friends. Already miss you, guys!
We survived the looooonnng drive with our crazy dog, who was pretty much miserable the whole time.
We survived living off of nothing for a week until the movers came with all our stuff.

We spent labor day weekend with Jonny's parents, helping them get their home in Washington ready for selling, as they have moved to Provo. Jonny's dad is going to work at BYU! We couldn't be more thrilled for them.

Now, its official. We live in Idaho. This weekend, I got a (208) number. I had my (661) number for 8 years. My Daddy gave me that gift on my sixteenth birthday. 3 phones and 8 years later, I gave up my last bit of California. Shed a little tear for me, won't you?
Somehow it feels fresh, though. New number, new life, new me. That's the thing about moving. It allows you to become a better you each time.

I was blessed to have 2 job offers within a week of moving in. Its a strange transition to grownupness. I now work here a few days a week, and I love it. J is having a blast at Micron and I look forward to seeing him pull in the driveway (driveway!) each evening. I absolutely love the home Jonny picked out for us and its been fun to slowly put it together. Pictures coming!


Happy Husband with his official job offer, May 5th!

2 comments:

Jake said...

You guys are the best; your life makes me happy :) ...and I'm happy you live closer!

Cate said...

Congratulations on all the exciting things that are happening for you both! :) I bet that was one amazing reunion. I hope your new job is going well...I miss you!!