9.20.2008

Last September...


Trees are changing, the weather is unpredictable, football season is in full swing, classes are starting up, September babies are celebrating their births, and wedding bouquets are full of autumn colors.

I love the fall. One of my favorite things is walking around campus and crunching as many leaves as I possibly can underfoot. The weather is sunny, rainy and everything in between- and even though our ward party got rained out, we still had fun eating all the food really fast, "so it wouldn't get wet". I love shopping for back-to-school items like fresh lined paper and new backpacks. I love watching my husband go crazy as BYU football provides us with sweaty (or shivering) limbs, and hoarse voices each Saturday. The start of a new semester brings excitement and dread (depending on the class), but either way... the hope for a good few months and the promise of hard work. Finally, Natalie and Bjorn's beautiful wedding today gave me just one more excuse to love this month.

This September was particularly fun for us- as we got to celebrate on September 11th- Jonny's Birthday! AND reminisce about that same day, exactly ONE YEAR AGO, when we first decided to get married! And my-oh-my, am I glad we did. It has been a WONDERFUL year.

Next September is a mystery! Who knows where we'll be or what we'll be doing. The new adventure that awaits, really excites me...and sometimes scares me half to death. But I know that whatever happens, at least we'll have each other!

1 comment:

Dallin and Megan Dyer said...

It was good to see you guys last night! We need to hang out!